GOVERNMENT AGENCY PRIVACY STATEMENT
- This is a Government Agency website. We adopt the same principles relating to your privacy as other Government of Singapore websites. If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an email for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
- (a). For any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures,
(b). If you require more information on or access to the data which you have earlier provided to us.
Thank you for visiting the National Heritage Board (NHB) network of Websites and reviewing our privacy statement.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you browse through the Website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store aggregated tracking data when users interact with the National Heritage Board website as follows:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address from which you access our Website;
- The country destination i.e. Singapore or overseas, that you access our site from
- The date and time you access our site;
- The amount of time spent on our site;
- The pages, files and documents you visit;
- The files, documents or images that you download
- We use the aggregated tracking data to help us make our site more useful to visitors - to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the pages our visitors browse. We use this information to improve our sites.
The Way Information is Used
The National Heritage Board does not capture personal information about visitors to our Website unless you choose to provide that information to us. The National Heritage Board does not share your personal information with other entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific services.
We use the personal information you give us as a research tool to develop the content of the National Heritage Board’s network of Websites. We may use the information to provide you with details of our Museums’ or Institutions’ events and for this reason each screen that asks for data gives you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such data.
If you provide us with feedback using NHB’s web feedback form, you will be asked for your name, e-mail address and information that will enable us to get in contact with you. We will use that information to respond to your feedback.
The National Heritage Board has created security guidelines to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected from our Website. Access to personally identifiable information is only provided to authorised National Heritage Board administrators via a password.
Links to Other Sites
This site may contain links to non-Government sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.